The core objective of Hotel Watch is to share information between the hotels and the police. The scheme aims to promote safeguarding of both hotel staff and guests and increase the safety and security within hotels.
Principles of Hotel Watch
- Encouraging reporting, and the sharing of information and intelligence
- Provide hotel workers with training to enable them to better identify vulnerable or criminal situations – including spotting the signs of Child Sexual Exploitation
- Through this training, improve the response time to crimes against the vulnerable taking place in hotels, including CSE, drug related crime and human trafficking
- Work in partnership with local businesses to identify risk and improve safety in the community
- Support local businesses to further a safe environment with the hospitality industry